Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chicken stuffed with collard greens carrots and parmesan on celery root apple puree

This was a delicious meal I made for my friend Molly a few weeks back. Most of the time when I cook I just go for it, I don't follow any recipes and just allow myself to be inspired by what's in the fridge. I've always wanted to do a chicken dish like this, and i'm kinda peeved I didn't write down a recipe for this because it was gorgeous in taste and aesthetic value. I used purple carrots from my farmers market, and they looked amazing next to the collard greens. The flavors worked so well together. The chicken was marinated simply with salt and pepper. I sauteed the collards in some olive oil garlic chicken stock and apple cider vinegar. Lightly roasted the carrots, and then threw them in with the collards. I cut the celery root down and boiled it like a potato with two apples with their skin removed. Once tender I purred them with some butter and a bit of the stock from the veggie mixture. These liquids were also used to create a jus for the chicken. I took the chicken and wrapped it around a handful of the veggie mixture, as well as some thick slices of parmesan cheese.  I secured the chicken with a wooden skewer. I then lightly pan fried the chicken  on both sides. Added some of the jus and placed the mixture in the oven for a few minutes to finish it off. Remove the skewer before serving. If you have a feeling for food, and can cook blindly please feel free to use this recipe as an outline for a delicious dinner of your own, but be sure to tell me all about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!