Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Mushroom salad with parsley and parmesan with lemon vinaigrette

This recipe is for real mushroom lovers. Some people are funny about mushrooms. I have a good friend that calls them the anti christ, and another friend who claims she hates them but never turns down a bowl of my mushroom soup. My fiance's yes I said fiance my infamous bf is now my fiance - he poped the question Friday night and I'm engaged.  WOOHOO. Well my father in law to be is a vegetarian who also despises these fungal forrest finds. I just love love love them. Mushrooms are incredibly healthy,  are super versatile and they have rich   earthy flavors. This salad is originally a Giada de Laurentiis  recipe. The mushrooms are served raw, let them sit in the vinaigrette for an hour before garnishing and serving. 
Mushroom salad with parsley and parmasan with lemon vinaigrette INGREDIENTS:
1 package white button mushrooms - thinly sliced
bunch parsley - medium chop
shaved parmesan or pecorino - for garnish
VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
1 lemon - juiced 1 part
olive oil - 2 parts
small garlic clove (optional) grated or minced
honey - small dollop
s&p
PREP: to clean mushrooms wet a cloth and rub the dirt off the mushroooms gently trim or pull off the stem and discard. Add mushrooms and parsley in a bowl with dressing. The mushrooms should absorb some of the liquid before serving.
GARNISH: shaved cheese before serving

1 comment:

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!