Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Paella & Beer on the beach


Paella is one of my favorite Spanish dishes. It's a rice dish that can contain mixed seafood, vegetables, beens and or meats with lots of wonderful spices aromatics and grated tomatoes. This is a seafood paella not completely authentic the famous crust on the bottom of the pan was lacking but it was delicious none the less. I enjoyed this communal dish last December on my pre wedding trip to the Riviera Nayarit in Nuevo Vallarta. We were staying at the RIU Vallarta resort which is famous for throwing theme parties. That day was obviously Spain day with a celebratory  beach paella party at noon. I was delight to see rows of paella pans lined up with an intoxicating aroma wandering down to the ocean. Nothing better then eating fresh seafood while sipping a cold corona on the Pacific. I'm dreaming of my next vacation, hopefully to Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!