Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It ain't a party without shrimp on the barby

This is my cousin Joanne. She's also known as Joey or couzin by my sister and I. She is one of the best people I know and was one of my matrons of honour at my recent wedding in Mexico. Joanne was kind enough to host my bachelorette party in April and what a fun night it was. I know my sister was ultimately the party planner but I  just had to talk about a signature start to any party at Joanne's place - shrimps on the barby. Joey isn't the culinarian that I am in fact she pretty much can't be bothered in the kitchen for the most part but the grill is another story.  She always serves up something yummy and usually puts very little effort in to preparation. These shrimps were a huge hit. I think she buys a Presidents Choice lemon and paprika  type sauce to marinate the shrimps in, and then serves them with a sweet and spicy chili dipping sauce. Simple and delicious. If I were doing shrimps on the barby I would marinate them in the following: 
SHRIMP MARINATE: Per pound of shrimp ( let sit 30 mins before cooking) 
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin 
2 cloves minced garlic 
1 lemon zested 
fresh cracked pepper
salt just before or during grilling. 
squirt of lemon juice post grilling. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!