Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Angry Birds Mooncakes?

If any of you have an iphone or any itype touch product I hope you know all about the beauty that is Angry Birds. I'm totally addicted to the app! I play every night before I fall asleep, and I can't go anywhere long distance without having my itouch close by incase I get bored and need my digital furry friends to keep me occupied. Yes I'm a kid at heart. By now I guess you're starting to wonder why i'm talking about Angry Birds on a food blog, well thats because I just heard via twitter that those damn birds are making their way into traditional Chinese Mooncakes. Mooncakes are a delicious dense custardy cake filled with lotus  seed paste and salted duck egg yolks in the center to symbolize the full moon. The cakes are enjoyed during the Mid-Autumn Festival which takes place all over Asia and is considered one of the most important of the Chinese festivals. These little cakes are usually decorated with symbols for luck, longevity, or flowers. Recently a Hong Kong restaurant teamed up with Rovio the app designers to release the Angry Bird moon cakes for this years festival. They will come in flavors like chocolate and mango and sell for only a few dollars a cake. These little birds are taking over the world!

1 comment:

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!